LSACCA is a non-profit volunteer organization. Our mission is to eradicate colon cancer by enhancing awareness about the disease and the best method of prevention - colonoscopy.
- will kill nearly 50,310 people this year.
- is diagnosed in more than 130,000 people in the U.S. each year.
- afflicts1 in 22 people in their lifetime and 1 in 10 married couples.
- is known as "the silent killer". Most often symptoms do not appear until after the cancer is advanced.
- strikes women and men equally.
- is 98% preventable. Screening and early detection is the key.
Colon cancer is the #2 cancer killer in America, yet it is 98% PREVENTABLE. Routine screening is the key.
Click here to watch our story as featured on NBC affiliate NewsChannel 5 in St. Louis.
Lori Shelton Alliance for
Colon Cancer Awareness